We welcome inquiries from all businesses, small and large, that are eager to move to the next level. Feel free to contact us to discuss your specific needs at no obligation.
APS Planning and Scheduling Consulting
Finite capacity production scheduling and shop floor control is our specialty
We are the Advanced Planning & Scheduling (APS) experts with experience in a wide variety of systems.
We recognize that typical approaches to scheduling and shop floor control are often non-optimum and counter-productive. We can successfully establish control system elements in your existing system where others can't to reliably:
- Maximize on-time performance
- Institute customer-driven shop floor work priorities
- Reduce manufacturing lead times
- Promote schedule stability
- Improve accuracy of forward-looking estimated completion dates (ECDs)
- Promote "right part at the right time", particularly as needed for assemblies
- Reduce WIP inventory
We are the innovators of the Lean MRP production scheduling and control methodology that let's you use your existing ERP system to establish a lean pull system on the shop floor.
Some of the specific services we can provide include:
- System Evaluation. We can perform a short due diligence effort to quickly understand what your challenges are and recommend a specific course of action designed to improve your production scheduling and control.
- System Setup and Tune-Up. We can re-tune your ERP production scheduling to meet the dual requirements of driving the shop floor using customer-driven priorities and accurately predicting order completion and shipment dates.
- Master Data Management. Altemir Consulting can review and update key scheduling-related master data including bills of material and routings. We can also put processes in place to sustain and maintain accurate data.
- Pull-Based Shop Floor Control. See our Lean MRP page to learn about how you can use your existing ERP system to establish lean pull-based flow.
- Schedule-Adherence Metrics. We can develop and implement metrics that dissect executional on-time performance at all levels, all work centers, and all sites.
- Capacity Planning. Our ERP optimization approach will meet all your operating business objectives including the capability to monitor and measure load and capacity at all points within your manufacturing sites.
Extensive ERP/APS System Experience
We can bring about positive change with virtually any ERP or APS system that uses a relational database (e.g., SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.). We have hands-on experience with the front-end user interfaces and back-end databases of a number of different ERP systems ranging from QuickBooks to SAP.
We are system agnostic
We have deep transactional business, analytic, database, and technical skills that can help inform the selection, implementation, and optimization of any ERP system.
Some systems that we have direct experience with include but are not limited to:
- Lean MRP dispatch lists
- Infor VISUAL
- Infor XA
- Planet Together
Why your ERP scheduling doesn't work and how to fix it
Schedule a Phone Call
Click below to schedule a free 30-minute phone call to address your questions at no obligation.