We welcome inquiries from all businesses, small and large, that are eager to move to the next level. Feel free to contact us to discuss your specific needs at no obligation.
Supply Chain Management Consulting
Supply chain and MRP material management are some of our principal areas of specialization. Whether you are seeking to optimize raw material purchasing and inventory at a single site or need to balance complex supply chains that span multiple domestic and foreign suppliers and customers, Altemir Consulting can effectively address your challenges as an extended part of your team.
Our supply chain management consulting services include:
- Supply Chain Strategy. We can perform comprehensive financial and operational evaluations of multi-site, off-shore, and/or contracted operations to assess different strategic business options.
- Vendor Management & Interventions. Improved sourcing, purchasing signals, vendor capacity management, vendor performance measurement, and data interchange regimes can be put into place to make your external supply chain an integral part of your operation.
- Material Planning. Our expertise is unsurpassed at establishing stable, accurate manufacturing and purchasing requirements designed to minimize inventory and maximize material availability using either kanbans, MRP, or a combination of the two.
- SIOP, Demand Planning, and Forecasting. We can develop or optimize your strategic planning processes across your organization and extended supply chain in a way that integrates sales forecasts, inventory planning, vendor capacity, and production. Sales, inventory, and operations planning (SIOP) is one of our specialties.
- Inventory Optimization. Altemir Consulting can implement effective ordering mechanisms and inventory planning for product distribution, build-to-stock, build-to-order, engineer-to-order, and vendor managed inventory (VMI) scenarios. Reducing inventory while increasing customer fulfillment rates is often possible. Learn more.
- Inventory Control. We can review and improve shipping, receiving, and warehouse functions to significantly improve inventory accuracy and material availability. Learn more.
- Cost Reduction. Altemir Consulting can lead bill of material (BOM) cost optimization and supply chain efficiency improvement efforts.
- Contract Manufacturing. We have experience and expertise in evaluating and establishing cost-conscious outsourcing functions. Formalizing economic make/buy decisions, developing vendor qualification programs, ensuring supplier quality, and integrating outside service providers into your manufacturing process are supply chain management improvements we can help bring about.
- Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI). We can institute and optimize lean VMI processes to bridge the gap between suppliers and consumers.
- Supply Chain Balancing. Raw material, WIP, and finished good inventory management and production control can be implemented in a multi-site environment to make your business act as a single integrated entity that minimizes cost and maximizes performance.
- Indirect Materials Management. We have hands-on experience in instituting effective controls over tooling and shop supplies to ensure reliable material availability and accurate cost accounting.
- Supply Chain Metrics. Altemir Consulting can develop customized dashboards and reporting to provide a clear and full view of your supply chain, including vendor performance scorecards and metrics.
Schedule a Phone Call
Click below to schedule a free 15-minute phone call to discuss your needs with no obligation: